You are here

In this section

Health Office

Health Services is open Monday-Friday during school hours, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. 

*ISD191 is a NO Shots, NO School District. All students are required to be up to date on their immunizations or have appropriate exemption documentation signed to attend school. Please visit the MDH website to view the MN Immunization School Law requirements for each grade. **Link to Immunization Form

*First aid care is given for minor accidents. Parents will be notified in case of major accidents or illnesses. The school nurse is not able to provide doctor's care. Therefore if a student is injured at home or is ill, the parent/guardian should consult their child's physician. If you do not have medical insurance or have a barrier to accessing a physician, please see information on Diamondhead Clinic.

*Emergency contact forms are needed on every student to facilitate appropriate care for students who become ill or injured at school. Students can only be released to people that have been designated by parents and are listed on the emergency form. A parent signature is needed on this form. If the information changes during the school year, please notify the health office.

*Please do not send a student to school who is ill (fever over 100 degrees, vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24hours) or have untreated injuries. Also, please keep your child home and inform the school nurse if they have other illnesses such as Strep Throat or Chickenpox. Please refer to Is My Child Well Enough to view some of the reasons to remain home.

*Inform the school nurse of any specific health conditions your student may have. This is extremely important for planning for an optimal learning environment for your child. The school nurse will work with you to put a plan in place to provide for the needs of your child which may include an Individualized Health Plan

*The Health Office does not supply any medications for students. Any medication brought to school must come in the original container. All medications require a parent signature and a person licensed to prescribe medications such as a Physician or Certified Nurse Practitioner signature. Link to Medication Form

HEALTHY STUDENTS ARE BETTER LEARNERS! See link on influenza vs. a cold virus

More information, including forms and policies is available on the District 191 Health Services website