You are hereIn this section
Information & Resources
Learn more about:
- Attendance Policy
- Honor Roll
- Being a new student
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- School Store
- Student Parking Pass
- Social Media
Minnesota state law requires that every child attend school for the entire time school is in session. In compliance with Minnesota law and District Policy 503, students are expected to be in school every day unless they are ill or there is an emergency in the family. Research is overwhelmingly clear that attendance is one of the key components to academic success for students. When a student will be absent for any reason, the parent/guardian is expected to notify the school. Learn more about attendance at Burnsville High School.
Click here to view the list of of BHS students who made the A and B Honor Roll during the school year.
BHS offers conferences twice a year to meet parents and provide feedback regarding student progress in their classroom. It is a great opportunity to hear how well your student is doing in school and discuss how you can help your student meet the goal of graduation. It is also a great time to meet with school counselors, principals, school nurse and other personnel.
Fall Conferences: Virtual for Nov. 2-4, 2020
There are two tracks you can go down this Fall for our family partnership conferences. You may choose one or both of these tracks:
Track 1: One Pager Experience -- we will be providing a customized one pager for each of the courses your student will be engaging in. The One Pager gives you an opportunity to see what our instructor recommends for learning success and gives all families a chance to provide feedback directly to the teacher. Click here to view links to all the One Pagers for Burnsville High School courses.
- To sign up - go to myconferencetime.com/bhs. You will see all of the teachers and support teachers on this site. Go into each teacher you would like to meet with and secure your spot. There is also a way to register for multiple teachers at one time. Please know space can be limited. You may also sign up for an interpreter or if you prefer to meet on the phone.
Here is a 3 minute video (in English) that shows you how best to sign up for Conferences.
Here is a 3 minute video (in Somali) that shows you how best to sign up for Conferences.
Here is a 3 minute video (in Spanish) that shows you how best to sign up for Conferences.
Here is the text version of the video information in case that is what you prefer. It is intended to be a step by step directions for signing up.
Spring Conferences: TBD
The Burnsville Spirit Store is a one-stop-shop for all your Blazewear! We have sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets, hats, socks, mittens, bags, blankets and so much more! We also have gift certificates. Click here to see what's happening in the School Store.
Parking Permit Registration is required for all students who intend to drive to Burnsville High School. There will be no cost for parking permits for the 2020-2021 school year. Students are not expected to have a parking permit before they arrive for their first day of class. Permits will be distributed in advisory classes (seniors starting the week of 9/21; juniors and sophomores starting the week of 9/28).
Here is the link to register your student for a BHS Parking Permit: https://forms.gle/hYF1fs3vyEEiujYT8
- All vehicles parked on school grounds must be registered with the school. All vehicles must display a current school hanging permit and park only in the designated student parking areas (South lot area designated for students ONLY). Any vehicles parked illegally in a bus loading zone, sidewalk or grass, fire lane, visitor’s spaces, handicapped spaces, administrative or staff parking may be subject to revocation of the parking permit for the remainder of the year.
- All students arriving at the beginning of the school day must enter the building through Door #1 (Activities Center Door). This is the closest door to all student parking spaces. Suggested arrival time is 7:30 - 7:45am.
- Please remember that you must be on time to school - Door #1 will be locked to outside entrants once class begins.
- You must be licensed driver and covered by insurance BEFORE Registering for a permit.
- Vehicles should be locked at all times. The school is not responsible for damage or theft of vehicles or their contents.
- It is a privilege to drive to school and park in the school parking lot. Our expectation is you drive responsibly in our parking lot. Unsafe or illegal driving will be referred to our School Resource Officers.
- Student vehicles may be subject to search when there is reasonable cause to believe that tobacco, drugs, alcohol, weapons, stolen property or other contraband might be present in the vehicle.
- Burnsville High School @BurnsvilleHS
- Burnsville Sports @BurnsvilleSport
- Principal Dave Helke @DaveHelke
- District 191 @isd191
- Student Council @BlazeStudCo
- Bowls for BrainPower @BrainPowerBowls
- DECA @BurnsvilleDECA
- Youth Service @givingyourtime
- Upward Bound @UpwardBoundBHS