Back to School
On this page, you will find a variety of resources to help your family prepare for the new school year.
First day of school is Tuesday, Sept. 6 for most students
- Grades 1-5, 6 and 9 in person on Sept. 6 (Virtual Academy students are virtual, of course)
- Grades 7-8 at Nicollet and Eagle Ridge, and grades 10-12 at BHS are virtual on Sept. 6
- BAHS and BEST are in person on Sept. 6
First Day of Kindergarten (including Virtual Academy) is Sept. 8.
First Day of PreK (including Voluntary PreK, PreK and ECSE programs at Diamondhead) is Sept. 13.
- Edward Neill: Aug. 31, 5-7 p.m.
- Gideon Pond: Aug. 31, 4-6 p.m.
- Harriet Bishop: Aug. 31, 4-5:30 p.m.
- New Family Get-Together, Aug. 24, 5-6 p.m.
- Hidden Valley: Aug. 31, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Rahn: Sept. 1, 5-7 p.m.
- Sky Oaks: Aug. 31, 4-6 p.m.
- Vista View: Sept. 1, 4-6 p.m.
- Virtual Academy: Aug. 31, 5-8 p.m.
- VA Open House will be located at Vista View
- K-12 Chromebook pick-up (if needed) and school pictures at Open House
- K-5 materials pick-up and meet teachers at Open House
- William Byrne: Sept. 1, 5-7 p.m.
Eagle Ridge, Aug. 31
- Students with last names beginning with A-F, 5-6 p.m.
- General Informational Session 6-6:30 p.m.
- Students with last names beginning with G-M, 6-7 p.m.
- General Informational Session 7-7:30 p.m.
- Students with last names beginning with N-Z, 7-8 p.m.
- General Informational Session 8-8:30 p.m.
Students will have the opportunity to pick up their schedules, check out their classrooms, meet their teachers and drop off supplies in their lockers.
Nicollet, Aug. 31
Open House schedule:
- 5pm - 6pm - 6th grade only
- 6pm - 8pm - 7th & 8th grades
Welcome sessions are available at the following times:
- 5-5:15 p.m.
- 6-6:15 p.m.
- 7-7:15 p.m.
The staff at Nicollet Middle School is excited to meet you at our open house. Students will be able to visit each of their teachers and learn where their classes are located. This is a great time to ask questions, calm some fears, and get to know some important people in the school. At the open house, you will get information about:
Student schedules - All students will pick up their class schedule from their Advisory teacher. Locker assignments will be printed on the class schedule.
Lockers - All Nicollet students will receive their locker assignments and locker combinations. School supplies may be placed in lockers to avoid carrying heavy loads of items to school on the first day.
ParentVUE and Schoology - Parents are able to access attendance, grades, assignment information, etc. online by using ParentVUE and Schoology. Information regarding these tools will be available at Open House. If you are unable to use ParentVue and Schoology, we can help you. You will also be able to update your contact information at this time.
Burnsville High School
BHS Open House is Aug. 31, 4-8 p.m. This event is for all students! Students can walk their schedule and meet their teachers.
Open House highlights:
- 9th-grade and new student/family presentations
- Food service and transportation information
- Vaccine clinic (details TBD)
- Activities and Athletics Fair
Burnsville Alternative High School
BAHS Open House is Aug. 31, 3-6 p.m. This event is for all students! Students can pick up their schedules and meet their teachers. New students will get a tour and brief orientation.
VA (grades 6-12) will have a virtual Open House on Aug. 31. The meeting will be asynchronous; this means that the meeting is not "live" and students can access their meeting on their own time. The link to meetings will be posted on the VA website on Aug. 31 by 3 p.m.
Students who need a Chromebook can pick up a device during the Elementary VA Open House at Vista View on Aug. 31, between 5-8 p.m.
Apply for Educational Benefits
Every year, all families with children enrolled in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 should complete an Application for Educational Benefits. Many families are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals, as well as waived or reduced fees for transportation, athletics, activities and more.
ParentVUE accounts provide families direct access to their child’s information and data. ParentVUE enables families to monitor their child's educational progress and includes the following information:
- Quarterly Progress Grades
- Health information
- Student schedules
- Meal account information
- Emergency contacts
District 191 encourages all families to create a ParentVUE account.
Beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, all District 191 students in grades 9-12 will be required to opt-in (register) to receive transportation to and from school. This change will help the School District create more efficient bus routes, ensuring students get to school as quickly as possible.
Families who want their high school student(s) to receive transportation in the fall must complete an online form at www.isd191.org/transportation or contact the District 191 transportation department at 952-707-2069. If the district does not receive a registration, no bus transportation will be scheduled for the student.