You are hereIn this section
Curriculum in ISD191 is based on state and national academic standards in each subject area.
In May 2011, a written curriculum management plan was approved by the Board of Education that supports high levels of academic achievement for all students and which includes the following components:
A philosophical framework for the design of the curriculum;
A planned cycle of curriculum review for all subject areas at all grade levels;
A description of the roles and responsibilities of the Board, central office staff members, and school-based staff members;
- The timing, scope and procedures for curricular review;
- The format and components for curriculum guides;
- A description of how state and national standards will be included in the curriculum;
- A description of how assurances will be made that the curriculum is culturally inclusive;
- An assessment plan and procedures to determine curriculum effectiveness;
- The approaches by which assessment data will be used to strengthen curriculum and instruction;
- A plan for linking a comprehensive staff development program to curriculum design and delivery;
Procedures for monitoring curriculum delivery; and
- A communication plan for the process of curriculum design and delivery, as well as celebration of progress and quality.