The Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 Board of Education received and accepted a slate of seven superintendent candidates from search firm School Exec Connect during a meeting on April 8.
The candidates are:
- Dr. Theresa Battle, assistant superintendent for St. Paul Public Schools
- Anthony Bonds, assistant superintendent for teaching, learning and innovation in Beloit, Wis., Public Schools
- Dr. Brenda Cassellius, former commissioner of education for the state of Minnesota
- Dr. Ryan Laager, superintendent of Belle Plaine Public Schools
- Dr. Jeff Pesta, superintendent of Kenyon-Wanamingo Public Schools
- Dr. Leadriane Roby, assistant superintendent in Richfield Public Schools
- Cecilia Saddler, deputy chief of academics, leadership and learning for Minneapolis Public Schools
All seven candidates will participate in first-round interviews with Board members, with four candidates on April 9 and three on April 10.
After those interviews, the Board is expected to select two or three finalists, who will participate in all-day interviews with students, staff and community members during the week of April 15. Each of those days will include an opportunity for community members to meet and ask questions of the candidates. Those community meetings are tentatively scheduled for 5-6 p.m. on April 15, April 16 and April 17, based on the number of finalists, at Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Pkwy.
Following the community meetings, the board will conduct interviews of each candidate and potentially choose a preferred candidate by the end of the night on April 17.
A full timeline and more information about the superintendent search is available at www.isd191.org/superintendent.