You are hereIn this section
Daily Health Screening
All Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 staff and students should complete a daily screening for symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to school or work.
COVID-19 Daily Self-Checklist
- Do you have a Fever over 100.4 Degrees F?
- Do you have a Cough?
- Do you have Shortness of Breath?
- Do you have a Loss of Smell or Taste?
- Do you have a Sore Throat?
- Have you experienced Nausea/Vomiting, or Diarrhea?
- Do you have Chills?
- Do you have Muscle Pain?
- Do you have Excessive Fatigue?
- Do you have a new Severe Headache?
- Do you have a new onset of Nasal Congestion or Runny Nose?
- Have you, or anyone you have been in close contact with a anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or been placed on quarantine for possible contact with COVID-19?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a medical professional or a local public health official?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you should stay home from school. Please contact the attendance line with this information or your school health office.
Parents/guardians sending students to school are attesting that their student is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have not been exposed to someone positive for COVID-19.
Regular screening for symptoms will continue throughout the school day. This ongoing monitoring can help to quickly identify signs of illness and help reduce exposure to students and staff. Classroom teachers will assist in the monitoring of students for ill symptoms while in the classrooms. Students developing ill symptoms during the school day will be evaluated by the health office staff.
What happens if/when there is a case of COVID-19?
The District will follow state protocols and work closely with local and state health experts, based on the Minnesota Department of Health's COVID-19 Decision Tree (attachments listed below). Students and staff who come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 are routinely informed.
- Isolation for cases with suspected or confirmed COVID for at least 10 days
- Quarantine for 14 days for close contacts and household family members
- Isolation for students or staff who feel ill in schools until arrangements can be made to go home
- Special Education and specialized environments will have additional protective measures as needed
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs in English (PDF)
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs in Hmong (PDF)
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs in Somali (PDF)
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs in Spanish (PDF)