Do you live outside the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage Schools boundaries, but want your child to attend our school district? Open enrollment forms are accepted at the Enrollment Center. The applications are then forwarded for district review and consideration per district procedures and policies. Families are notified soon after as to whether the application is approved.
- Complete the Open Enrollment Form
- Complete a District 191 Enrollment Form
If space is still available within a building after the Variance lottery the selection process for Open Enrollments will be followed:
- If there are more applicants than space available, a lottery will occur on the 20th of the month to determine entrance. Applicants with siblings in the requested building, or who have parents employed in the district, will get preference.
- If space is available in the building, the selected family's first choice will be granted.
- If space is not available in first school and applicant designated a second and/or third choice, the following procedure will be followed:
- If space is available in the next building desired, the selected applicant's second choice will be granted.
- If space is not available in the second building and space is available in the next building desired, the selected applicant's third choice will be granted.
- If there is no space in any schools of choice or the applicant declines the offers they may;
- Be placed back in the pool for a later lottery if space becomes available;
- Or, withdraw their open enrollment application and apply at a later date.