You are hereIn this section
Food & Nutrition Services Employment
Shown above are a few of our happy teams ready to meet you. We encourage you to join the Food & Nutrition Services department. Apply online at www.isd191.org. We hire for the following positions: Food Service Managers, Assistant Managers, Food Service Associates and Substitute/on-call employees. We also operate summer programs so year round work is available, if interested.
Why work with us? School Food & Nutrition employees:
· Work day hours · Relax on evenings, weekends, holidays, and school breaks
· Learn culinary skills · Receive paid training opportunities ·
· Stay active and strong · Maintain the cleanest kitchens
· Make new friends · Receive a referral bonus for recruitment
· Enjoy a rewarding career · Inspire and feed future leaders of the world
· Earn $14.10/hr and up · Have fun doing purposeful work
Not ready for a permanent position, apply as a Substitute to also receive many of the above benefits.
· Typically work 3 to 4 hours per day during the lunch meal service
· May work at one school or all schools - you decide
· Work when you want - you choose to accept a shift or not
· Are appreciated for their flexibility, especially on short notice
· Earn $11.10/hour
Plus, all Food & Nutrition employees receive a free meal per shift!
Read some staff messages about why they love their position:
"I simply adore my job, as we are not just "lunch ladies". We see EVERY student each day, so we are teachers, coaches, friends, and mentors in guiding kids to develop healthy eating habits, make good choices, and learn how to be good friends. As an added bonus, we get to spend breaks and summer with our own kids! How cool is that?"
"This is a job which promotes an active lifestyle, with hours that support a good work/life balance. I enjoy being part of the education team by providing nutritious meals that support student health and readiness to learn. It is a fun, active job, with good pay."
"When I first started with Food Service, I knew it was a great opportunity to have a career while still being home with my school age children before and after school, evenings, weekends, holidays and summers. Twenty-one years later and an empty nester, I am still enjoying not only the benefits of those working hours, but the wealth of information I have obtained about nutrition and the relationships I have built with fellow employees."
"Working for District 191 Food Services has been a really good experience for me. The work environment has been professional and yet relational. My knowledge has increased regarding nutrition and also how to safely handle food. And along the way, this last year I lost 30 pounds due to applying some of what I learned and also by working hard serving the students (who are a lot of fun to serve)!"