You are hereIn this section
Application for Educational Benefits
The online Application for Educational Benefits is available at www.isd191.org/edbenefits.
- By completing the application, students may receive free meals, free or reduced fees for transportation, athletic programs, academic and extracurricular activities. Households may receive free or discounted fees from cable and internet providers. School districts may receive additional state and federal funding.
- Parents/Guardians must choose to share their student's eligibilty status in order to receive reduced fees for programs other than child nutrition programs. Parents may choose to not share their eligibility status and this will not affect the benefits they receive from child nutrition programs.
- Parents/Guardians of Kindergarten students, who will start September 2020, must wait until the current school year application is available, usually in mid-July to early August each year.
- Completing the application online is the quickest and most secure way for the school district to process your application and determine if your students qualify for benefits. You will be notified by mail if your students qualify or are denied benefits.
- Benefits do NOT automatically transfer from one school district to another, or from one state to another.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for all food and meal purchases prior to the official date of determination of benefits. Funds must be in a student’s meal account to make purchases.
Completing the application may assist your students and the school district in receiving benefits. If you feel you may be eligible to qualify, your students may receive free or reduced price school meals and additional assistance benefits. Applications may be completed online or on paper. Applications are available by printing from the links below or paper applications are located in school buildings and at the District Office. A new application must be completed each school year. Applications are reviewed on a timely basis, however, allow 10 days for processing and a response sent to the parent/guardian. Benefits from the previous school year will be carried over for the first 30 school days of the current year. Families receiving MN Family Investment Program (MFIP), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), and foster children may be directly certified for free meals by the State of MN. Benefit eligibility letters are sent through U.S. mail. Any family that has not reapplied by October 26, 2020 will be changed to full price meals. Applications may be completed at any time throughout the year. Until an application is approved and written notice has been received, parents/guardians are responsible for providing meals from home or money for school meals. Call 952-707-2051 if you need assistance with the application process.
You'll need to complete both the Educational Benefits Waiver and Application. Completing the application/waiver online is the fastest way for us to determine if you qualify for benefits. Click here to access the 2020-21 Online Application for Educational Benefits.
You will need the following information in order to complete an Application for Educational Benefits:
Step 2 (If Applicable):
Step 3 (If not receiving benefits from an Assistance Program):
Signature of adult household member
Please fill out the form completely and return it to: ISD 191 Food Service Office, 200 W Burnsville Parkway, Burnsville, MN 55337
The district is allowed 10 days to process your application. You will be notified by mail if your family does or does not qualify. Parents/Guardians are responsible for all meal purchases made by students and money must be in a student's account in order to purchase meals until it is determined that the family will receive the benefit of free or reduced price meals.
~ NOTE ~
All students eligible for free or reduced price lunch also receive breakfast at no charge, per federal and/or state legislative funding decisions.