The Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 Board of Education began the process of adopting a budget for the 2021-22 school year at its meeting on Jan. 27, 2022.
Provide your budget feedback
Superintendent Battle presented a list of proposed budget adjustments (updated March 10) for the 2022-23 school year at the March 10 Board of Education meeting, as well as a list of positions and programs to be supported by federal pandemic relief funding. To help the district make the best decisions possible, we are asking One91 community members to provide feedback on the proposed adjustments.
These proposals are in response to a projected shortfall in the district's budget. The overall strategies for addressing that shortfall include:
- Rightsizing in response to projected enrollment and loss of "compensatory aid," which is funding the district receives based on the total number of students who are receiving educational benefits (free/reduced price meals) and used to address student educational needs
- Prioritize investment in instructional priorities, including PreK-12 Pathways: This is reflected in what's proposed to be maintained, rather than what's proposed to be adjusted
- Use restricted funds before general funds (maintain as much flexibility as possible)
- Identify efficiencies to reduce spending
- Strategically use federal funds to equitably address the effects of the pandemic
To learn more about 2022-23 District 191 budget projections, see the full presentation.
The Feedback Form is now closed.
- Board Workshop Presentation - Jan. 27, 2022
- Preminary Budget Assumptions Presentation - Feb. 10, 2022
- Initial list of proposed budget adjustments
- Board Presentation - Feb. 24, 2022
- Watch Feb. 24, 2022, budget presentation
- Board Presentation - March 10, 2022
- List of proposed budget adjustments (updated March 10)
- Feb. 10 - Preliminary budget assumptions presented to Board
- February - Families & staff provide input on budget priorities
- Feb. 24 - Board receives report on preliminary list of budget adjustments by department in board meeting
- Gather additional feedback from parents and community after February 24 board meeting
- March - board discussion in workshop
- March 10 - Superintendent presents recommended budget adjustments by department at regular board meeting
- March 24 - Superintendent presents final recommended budget adjustments by department in board meeting
- June 9 - FY23 Adopted budget presented
- June 16 - FY23 Adopted budget approved