401 - Equal Employment Opportunity
- 400 - Employees/Personnel
The purpose of this policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants for Independent School District 191 employment and school district employees.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
A. The school district’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
B. The school district prohibits the harassment of any individual for any of the categories listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute impermissible harassment and the school district’s internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the school district’s policy on harassment and violence.
C. This policy applies to all areas of employment including hiring, discharge, promotion, compensation, facilities, or privileges of employment.
D. Every teacher, administrator, volunteer, contractor, or other employee of the school district shall be responsible for following this policy.
E. Any person having a question regarding this policy should discuss it with the Executive Director of Human Resources.
- Minn. Stat. Ch. 363A (Minnesota Human Rights Act)
- 29 U.S.C. § 621 et seq. (Age Discrimination in Employment Act)
- 29 U.S.C. § 2615 (Family and Medical Leave Act)
- 38 U.S.C. § 4211 et seq. (Employment and Training of Veterans)
- 38 U.S.C. § 4301 et seq. (Employment and Reemployment Rights of Members of the Uniformed Services)
- 42 U.S.C. § 2000e et seq. (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act)
- 42 U.S.C. § 12101 et seq. (Equal Opportunity for Individuals with Disabilities)
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District Policy 402 (Disability Nondiscrimination)
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District Policy 405 (Veteran’s Preference)
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District Policy 413 (Harassment and Violence)
- Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District Policy 422 (Policies Incorporated by Reference)