You are hereIn this section
If your student is having a problem with the device, please contact us. The help desk system provides self-help solutions to many common technology issues.
Contacting Technology Support
How do you get help if something is wrong with your child's Chromebook or you need other technology support?
- Turn off your Chromebook and then turn it back on. This helps clear its temporary memory.
- Still having trouble? Try clearing you Chromebook's cache and restarting it three times. This video shows how. This resets how websites talk with your Chromebook.
- Still not working? Follow the steps below to complete a support request.
You can contact Technical Support by:
- Complete a Support Request at http://isd191help.freshdesk.com/support/home
- Call us at (952) 707-ASK US (2758). If we are not available, please leave a detailed voicemail message. Phone calls will be returned between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Si algo sale mal con el dispositivo, llame a nuestra línea de asistencia técnica para estudiantes y familias — 952-707-2758 (https://www.isd191.org/technology-support).
Haddii qalabka halaabo, ama wax qaldamaan, fadlan soo wac khadkayaga taageerada teknolojiyada ee ardayda iyo qoyska — 952-707-2758 (https://www.isd191.org/technology-support).
Email and telephone communication should include:
- Your Name
- Your email address
- Your phone number (We will return calls between 8:00am and 4:00pm)
- Student's Name (if different than above)
- Student ID number, if known
- Student's School
- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing
Technology Resources for Parents - Elementary
Using a District Chromebook to Access Digital Learning Apps & Tools:
- Getting Started with a Chromebook Slides, Video (English)
- Getting Started with a Chromebook Slides, Video (Spanish)
- Getting Started with a Chromebook Slides, Video (Somali)
- How Families Connect to Seesaw (English)
- How Families Connect to Seesaw (Spanish)
- How Families Connect to Seesaw (Somali)
Helpful Links to Seesaw Website:
Taking Care of Technology & Where to go for Help:
- Taking Care of Technology at Home Video (English), Slides
- Taking Care of Technology at Home Video (Spanish), Slides
- Taking Care of Technology at Home Video (Somali), Slides
Technology Resources for Parents - Secondary
Learning Management Systems Performance
Schoology and SeeSaw
Schoology and Seesaw learning management systems may experience outages and intermittent loading errors due to the significant increase in use of the platforms. In addition, some features may be disabled by the platform to help ensure more consistent up-time. We know that this can be frustrating for students, parents and teachers. Please know that we will be flexible with students during this time regarding assignments and attendance. Our learning management systems are critical for Virtual Academy and Distance Learning.
You can monitor the status of these services at the following sites
Schoology Status Update: https://status.schoology.com
SeeSaw Status Update: https://status.seesaw.me/
Video Conferencing during Distance Learning
How do students join online class meetings and lessons? Visit this helpful guide for more information!