You are here
Most internet providers are offering discounted home internet service to families in need during the outbreak. As information regarding discounted services becomes available, we will post it here.
Due to our limited resources in providing internet service, please check with your local provider first before contacting your school.
Internet Access from Comcast
Comcast is committed to helping our community amid the COVID-19 outbreak. As your school district may be considering a virtual learning options or keeping students connected during a quarantine, we want to make sure you are aware of an announcement we made yesterday about our Internet Essentials program to help low-income families with internet access.
More details can be found in the attached document, and general program information can be found at www.internetessentials.com. Or, you can call 1-855-846-8376 for more information.
In summary, we announced the following:
- We will make it even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign up by offering new customers 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- Also, we are increasing Internet speeds for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
Internet Access from Mediacom
The internet is essential for successful learning and Mediacom wants to help families with K-12 students get connected. Mediacom Connect2Compete is offered as one of the ways our company works to close the "digital divide."
We participate with "EveryoneOn," a national non-profit program. Our goal is to make home internet access simple and affordable so that students have a reliable connection to participate in a digital curriculum and extend the learning experience from school to home. Mediacom makes this service available to eligible families in all areas where Mediacom's broadband network is present.
Your household will qualify if:
- Mediacom offers internet service in your community or area
- You have at least one student in grades K-12 living at home
- At least one child qualifies for free or reduced-price school lunch through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- You are not a current Mediacom internet customer and have NOT subscribed to our internet service in the past 90 days
- You do not have an outstanding Mediacom bill or unreturned equipment
Connect2Compete is $9.95/month (plus taxes and fees) and provides up to 10 Mbps. For more information, visit https://mediacomc2c.com/ or call 1-855-904-2225.