You are here
English Learners will continue to receive EL services during distance learning.The type and amount of service will vary, depending on the grade level and language needs of each student.
All students and families are invited to contact their EL teachers at any time during this period of Distance Learning. If you are unsure how to reach them, please contact your child’s school office, or call/email Maria Arago, Coordinator of Multilingual & Global Education, at 952-707-6272 or email@example.com.
Secondary (Middle School and High School)
- Students who have EL classes will check in with their EL teachers and complete assignments on Schoology as they do for all their classes.
- English Learners who are in EL co-taught classes will have access to additional language resources in those classes on Schoology. The EL teachers and classroom teachers will be collaborating closely to make sure English Learners receive the support needed to make progress toward the ELD standards.
- English Learners who are in an EL Study Hall and/or are being monitored by an EL teacher will receive periodic check-ins from their EL teacher. They may also contact their EL teacher any time they need assistance or have questions.
- English Learners will have access to additional language resources and activities, as well as regular check-in communication (phone calls, messages, online posts, emails, etc.), from their EL teachers. In most cases, this will happen via Seesaw.
- EL teachers and classroom teachers will be collaborating closely to make sure English Learners receive the support needed to make progress toward the ELD standards.