You are hereIn this section
District 191 is taking a values- and priorities-based approach to creating a budget for 2020-21. Tranformational work that has already been completed this year - including realigning facilities and a voter-approved levy - has helped put the district in a better - but still tenuous - financial situation.
Despite decreasing spending significantly in early previews of next year's budget, the district has still been able to provide funding to support its priorities, including:
- Funding for advanced learning specialists at each elementary school, a crucial part of the plan to establish each school as a “Pathways” school;
- Additional spending to continue providing in-school access to mental health services for students;
- Continued support for social workers, cultural liaisons, counselors and other student supports;
- Continued support for Pathways at Burnsville High School;
- A new schedule at middle schools to minimize transitions;
- Ensuring pre-kindergarten classes are available at every elementary school;
- Investing in building-level equity teams, equity training for leadership and targeted professional development.
Board members received the final report on the 2020-21 budget at their April 9 meeting. The final budget will be officially adopted in June.
- 2020-21 Initial Budget Presentation
- List of Budget Adjustments - March 31, 2020
- Budget Update Presentation - March 31, 2020