You are hereIn this section
District 191 Strategic Plan
During the fall of 2020, District 191 is reviewing its Strategic Roadmap, which guides the district in making decisions about programs, spending, priorities and more. We know that we’ll make the best decisions when we hear all voices. That’s why the review process will focus on engaging stakeholders, including students, staff, parents and community members.
Phase 1 - ThoughtExchange (Sept. 21-30)
More than 800 students, family members, staff members and community members participated in the District 191 Strategic Review ThoughtExchange. The online exchange asked stakeholders to submit their thoughts and rate the thoughts of others on what it means to them for District 191 to ensure each student is future ready and community strong.
The 857 participants shared 490 thoughts and submitted more than 12,000 ratings total.
Based on those comments and ratings, themes emerged including building community, providing tools for life, diversity, and Pathways.
An interactive report showing highest rated comments, themes and more is available at www.isd191.org/ThoughtExchange.
Phase 2 - Group conversations
The next step in the Strategic Review process will be small group conversations taking place over the next several weeks. If the ThoughtExchange was about stakeholders sharing what they think the district should do, these conversations will focus on how the district should deliver on those expectations.
Group conversations will be held both virtually and in-person for parents/family members and for staff members, with any in-person meetings strictly following health protocols, including mandatory mask wearing and social distancing. Student meetings will only be held virtually.
Tuesday, Oct. 27, 6:30 - 8 p.m., In person at Diamondhead, conducted in English
Thursday, Oct. 29, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Virtual, Conducted in English
Tuesday, Nov. 10, 6:30 - 8 p.m., In person or virtual TBD, conducted in Somali
Wednesday, Nov. 11 9:30 - 11 a.m., Virtual, conducted in English
Meeting conducted in Spanish, Time and date TBD
To attend any of these meetings, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with which meeting you would like to attend. Links to virtual meetings and health-related protocol reminders will be sent to participants prior to the meetings.
Phase 3 - Draft and Review (Nov.-Dec. 2020)
Using comments from stakeholders, draft revisions to the Strategic Roadmap or other proposals will be created and shared with the community. We’ll then hold a second ThoughtExchange process to get feedback on those proposals.
Revision and Adoption (Dec. 2020-Jan. 2021)
District 191 School Board members will review a second draft and consider for adoption.
During the 2011-12 school year, the District 191 Board of Education worked with staff and community members to develop a Strategic Roadmap for the district. The work we do is always viewed in light of the Strategic Roadmap, and the Roadmap is reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to ensure it reflects the unique needs and goals of District 191.
The Roadmap aligns and gives direction to all work across the district. It helps us answer questions like: How can we improve academic results? How can we continue to attract and retain top talent? How can we continue to provide a high quality education with limited resources? How can we make sure we’re meeting the needs of our students, our families and the community?
The District Roadmap is shown below, and you can see how we're delivering on our mission: Each Student. Future Ready. Community Strong.
How We're Ensuring Each Student is Future Ready and Community Strong
- College in the Schools at Burnsville High School
- STEM in ISD 191
- Arts in ISD 191
- PBIS/Positive Culture in Schools
- Technology in Our Classrooms
- Career Pathways
Each Student. Future Ready. Community Strong.
District Core Values
Expectations: I will set a high bar for myself and others in learning, behavior, commitment to do one’s best and service to others and community
Respect: I will honor the uniqueness of myself and others
Integrity: I will do the right thing…even when no one is looking
Partnership: I will engage in relationships and action which empowers learning for ALL
ISD 191 will become the leading and preferred source of learning and education for its students and adult learners because we:
- Utilize technology for instruction to provide rigorous, personalized learning, and maximize operational systems.
- Serve the unique needs of our students, families and communities first and foremost
- Provide relevant and engaging student learning and enrichment leading to college and career readiness for all
- Develop innovative, attractive and aligned academic programs, support services, and opportunities
- Invest and engage in real partnership across those with differing interests, talents, assets and opportunities aligned with district mission and core values
- Energize and leverage our community diversity in all forms as unique and valued assets for developing true real‐world‐ready learners and citizens
- Attract, value, retain and develop the very best employees in education and operations to serve our students and families
Strategic Directions Focused Allocation of Resources
- Close gaps and raise achievement for all students
- Create a culturally proficient school system
- Maximize resources for optimal student learning
- Increase the capacity for partnership with community