You are here
At the Oct. 11 Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Cindy Amoroso announced her intent to retire on June 30, 2019, at the end of the 2018-19 school year.
The finalists and their scheduled all-day interviews are:
Monday, April 15 - Dr. Theresa Battle, assistant superintendent for St. Paul Public Schools;(Moved to Wednesday, April 17)
- Tuesday, April 16 - Dr. Ryan Laager, superintendent of Belle Plaine Public Schools;
- Wednesday, April 17 - Dr. Theresa Battle, assistant superintendent for St. Paul Public Schools.
Over the course of the day, candidates will participate in interviews with students, staff and community members. Community members will also be able to meet and ask questions of the candidates from 5-6 p.m. on each day, with those meetings taking place at Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Pkwy.
- Jan. 25 - Online portal opens
- Feb. 4 - Public input day, including community meeting at 7 p.m., Diamondhead Education Center
- Feb. 11 - Online portal closes
- Feb. 13 - Board receives candidate profile based on public input
- Feb. 1-April 1 - Recruit candidates
- April 8 - School Exec Connect presents candidates to Board of Education
- April 9-10 - Board interviews candidates, selects finalists
- April 15-17 - Finalists visit District 191 for community engagement
- April 17 - Board chooses preferred finalist
- July 1 - New superintendent assumes duties
Public Input Opportunities
Nearly 150 staff, family and community members participated in focus groups and a community meeting on Feb. 4, with many more who provided input online. This will inform a candidate profile that will be used to guide the search for the next Superintendent of District 191.