You are here
At the Oct. 11 Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Cindy Amoroso announced her intent to retire on June 30, 2019, at the end of the 2018-19 school year. In its search for a superintendent to replace Amoroso next summer, Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 will start by finding a professional firm to support that work.
- Jan. 25 - Online portal opens
- Feb. 4 - Public input day, including community meeting at 7 p.m., Diamondhead Education Center
- Feb. 11 - Online portal closes
- Feb. 13 - Board receives candidate profile based on public input
- Feb. 1-April 1 - Recruit candidates
- April 8 - School Exec Connect presents candidates to Board of Education
- April 9-10 - Board interviews candidates, selects finalists
- April 15-17 - Finalists visit District 191 for community engagement
- April 17 - Board chooses preferred finalist
- July 1 - New superintendent assumes duties
Public Input Opportunities
Nearly 150 staff, family and community members participated in focus groups and a community meeting on Feb. 4, with many more who provided input online. This will inform a candidate profile that will be used to guide the search for the next Superintendent of District 191.