Construction at William Byrne
As part of the Vision One91 referendum, William Byrne Elementary will be undergoing some significant construction leading up to the 2016-17 school year. The projects include moving administrative offices to the outside of the building to improve security, adding several permanent classrooms to replace the portables we used to have, and other improvements.
We'll be posting news, photos and other information about the projects here and sharing them through our e-newsletter throughout the school year.
New Main Office Area
Our main office areas (shown in dark green) are being moved to exterior ring of the school to create a more controlled, safer and more welcoming entrance to the school. Visitors during the school day will have to enter the school through the office area. This work will start in the summer of 2016.
The current office area will be remodeled into new science and art classrooms. On the other side of the building, a new STEM Lab will be created. This work will start in the summer of 2016.
Long-standing portable classrooms were removed in February 2016 and a new, two-story classroom addition is being built to help ease overcrowding issues. There will be three classrooms on each level.
- Project Overview
- Classroom Addition 1 - July 29, 2016
- Classroom Addition 2 - July 29, 2016
- Classroom Addition 3 - July 29, 2016
- Main Office - July 29, 2016
- Classroom Addition - West Elevation
- Classroom Addition - North Elevation
- Classroom Addition - Floor Plan
- Portable Demolition 1 - February 2016
- Portable Demolition 2 - February 2016
- Site Preparation - February 2016
- Foundation Work - February 2016
- Groundbreaking Ceremony 1 - Feb. 26, 2016
- Groundbreaking Ceremony 2 - Feb. 26, 2016