You are hereIn this section
BAHS Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy is a national high school leadership program sponsored by Chick-Fil-A that provides students with the skills they need to transform their schools and impact their communities by making An Impact Through Action.
Thirty students were selected for the academy, recommended by teachers, administrators and other school staff based on the leadership traits and potential demonstrated thus far at BAHS. Over the course of the school year, students will be guided through a leadership journey through monthly learning labs and guest presentations, where they will be empowered to put the leadership principles they are learning into practice by executing three service projects.
Year at a Glance
- October: Kick off Experience & BIG THANK YOU Service Project
- October/November: Vision and Values Leader Lab Sessions
- November/December: Servant Leadership Leader Lab Sessions
- November/December: Teamwork Leader Lab Sessions
- December: DO GOOD DECEMBER Service Project
- January: Innovation Leader Lab Sessions
- February: Communication Leader Lab Sessions
- March: Impact Leader Lab Sessions
- April/May: IMPACT PROJECT Service Project
Big Thank You
As part of the kick off event on October 25th, you will be guided through the Big Thank You service Project. Each student will work individually thanking someone who has been invested in you in a “big way” and made an impact in your life. You will share details about who you thanked during our first Leader Lab on November 1st.
Do Good December
This service project will emphasize teamwork by asking you to “Drive, Do, and Deliver” during the holiday season. In the past Leadership Academy groups have planned toy drives, hosted volunteer days, and delivered meals. You will begin preparing for Do Good December during the Vision and Values Leader Lab Sessions.
The cornerstone of the Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy asks you to apply the leadership lessons you have learned to create and execute a final service project. From creating a special needs carnival to a senior prom for senior citizens, students have positively impacted their communities. It is never too early to start planning for this final project.
- October 25: Turn in your enrollment form for Youth Service (1st Leadership Academy Meeting and Meeting Calendar will be provided.
- October 30th: Chick-Fil-A Family Night (5:30p-6:30p), I will send you an form to fill out with your family to confirm your attendance. This is an opportunity to meet the Executives of the Sponsoring Burnsville Franchise and ask question, and be recognized by your teachers and staff here. *Food will be provided.
- ***UPDATE: Due to lack of interest the Family Night Event WILL NOT be held Tuesday Oct. 30th. The Leader Academy Students will determine another date and time, information will be given as it becomes available.