You are hereIn this section
School Counseling Department
SENIORS, Request your transcript be sent to colleges and universities you are applying to HERE
Students, parents, and guardians the student support team has put together a slide show of resources to help you navigate distance learning. Please review this slide show for resrouces while you are learning from home. As always, please reach out to your counselor if you are in need of help and support.
The Guidance and Counseling Staff at Burnsville High School provides developmental, as well as pro-active, preventative and remedial services for students. This involves a cooperative effort among students, staff members, parents and the community. Their purpose is to empower all learners to lead satisfying and productive lives by assisting them in identifying and achieving educational, career, personal and social goals. We are here to help by working with academic issues, educational and career planning, as well as personal concerns.
The Role of the School Counselor
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the education, personal and social growth of students.
- School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.
Do we make a difference? Absolutely!
Use the links on the left-hand side of the page to navigate through the counseling website. Below you will find the contact information for the counseling office staff. To schedule an appointment with a counselor or for general questions, please call 952-707-2108.
School Counseling Staff
- Scott Harrison - A-CA · 952-707-2147 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Akerson - CB-GR · 952-707-2144 · email@example.com
- Michelle Henderson - GS-KR · 952-707-2146 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veronica Marshall - KS-NF · 952-707-2145 · email@example.com
- Angela Markham - NG-SH · 952-707-2334 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Limke - SI-Z · 952-707-2148 · email@example.com
- Pam Reiher · Registrar · 952-707-2138 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carlene Moberg · Guidance Secretary (KS-Z) · 952-707-2108 · email@example.com
- Deb Scherer · Guidance Secretary (A-KR) · 952-707-2108 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcia Sexton · College & Career Center Specialist · 952-707-2339 · email@example.com
- Abdulahi Omar · Cultural Liaison · 962-707-2110 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veronica Ramos · Cultural Liaison · 952-707-2143 · email@example.com
- Career Center
- Request Transcript
- Headway Services
- School Nurse - Kourtney Beaulieu · 952-707-2103 · firstname.lastname@example.org
- 360 Communities
- Grief Group