District 191 has been providing full-day, every-day kindergarten to all students at no cost to their families since 2012-13. We committed to providing this for our students even before the state began funding full-day kindergarten because of the immense research about the importance of early learning and the District's commitment to providing equal opportunities for all children so they can achieve their maximum potential.
To register for kindergarten, please contact district's Welcome Center at 952-707-4180 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not know which school your child will attend, enter your address in the SchoolFinder feature.
2018 Kindergarten Information Nights
Elementary schools will hold kindergarten information nights in January of 2018. These events are great opportunities to learn more about a school, ask questions, visit classrooms and complete your child's registration process if you haven't already done so.
Thursday, January 11 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Hidden Valley Elementary, 13875 Glendale Rd., Savage
- Sioux Trail Elementary, 2801 River Hills Dr., Burnsville
- Vista View Elementary, 13109 County Road 5, Burnsville
Thursday, January 18 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Edward Neill Elementary, 13409 Upton Ave. S, Burnsville
- Gideon Pond Elementary, 613 E. 130th St., Burnsville
- Harriet Bishop Elementary, 14400 O'Connell Road, Savage
- William Byrne Elementary, 11608 River Hills Dr., Burnsville
Thursday, January 25 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Marion W. Savage Elementary, 4819 W. 126th St., Savage
- Rahn Elementary, 4424 Sandstone Dr., Eagan (Additional Tour Dates Available)
- Sky Oaks Elementary, 100 E. 134th St., Burnsville
You will be able to enroll for kindergarten at your school’s information night. To complete enrollment, parents should bring their child’s birth certificate or other proof of age, immunization records, emergency contact information, and a utility bill or other proof of residency (not a driver’s license).
You can also enroll in advance online at www.isd191.org/enroll or by visiting the District 191 Welcome Center located at Diamondhead Education Center, 200 West Burnsville Pkwy., 952-707-4180 or email@example.com. Hours are 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
More information about kindergarten is available in the guide below.
Kindergarten Prep Checklist
Wondering what you'll need? Here are some of the key steps to enrolling your child in District 191 for kindergarten.
How to enroll