District 191 has been providing full-day, every-day kindergarten to all students at no cost to their families since 2012-13. We committed to providing this for our students even before the state began funding full-day kindergarten because of the immense research about the importance of early learning and the District's commitment to providing equal opportunities for all children so they can achieve their maximum potential.
To register for kindergarten, please contact district's Enrollment Center at 952-707-4180 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not know which school your child will attend, enter your address in the SchoolFinder feature.
2019 Kindergarten Information Nights
Elementary schools will hold kindergarten information nights in January 2019. These events are great opportunities to learn more about a school, ask questions, visit classrooms and complete your child's registration process.
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Gideon Pond, Hidden Valley and Rahn elementaries
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Harriet Bishop, William Byrne and Edward Neil elementaries
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Marion Savage, Sioux Trail, Vista View and Sky Oaks elementaries
Kindergarten Prep Checklist
Wondering what you'll need? Here are some of the key steps to enrolling your child in District 191 for kindergarten.
- Schedule an early childhood screening for your child. Call 952-707-4117 for an appointment. Save the report for enrollment. You can begin the enrollment process before completing the screening.
- Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date.
- Registration form for new students
- Early childhood screening report (see above)
- Immunization record
- Birth certificate or other legal proof-of-age form
- Proof of home address such as a utility bill (not a driver's license)
How to enroll
- Enroll your child online, or
- In person at the district's Enrollment Center in Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Pkwy. 952-707-4180, or
- In person by attending a kindergarten information night at your child's school.
- Participate in Early Childhood Family Education through District 191 Community Education. This is a great way to get prepared for kindergarten, but it's not required.