District 191 Strategic Plan
During the 2011-12 school year, the District 191 Board of Education worked with staff and community members to develop a Strategic Roadmap for the district. The work we do is always viewed in light of the Strategic Roadmap, and the Roadmap is reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to ensure it reflects the unique needs and goals of District 191.
The Roadmap aligns and gives direction to all work across the district. It helps us answer questions like: How can we improve academic results? How can we continue to attract and retain top talent? How can we continue to provide a high quality education with limited resources? How can we make sure we’re meeting the needs of our students, our families and the community?
The District Roadmap is shown below, and you can see how we're delivering on our mission of ensuring each student is Real-World Ready.
How We're Ensuring Students are Real-World Ready
- College in the Schools at Burnsville High School
- STEM in ISD 191
- Arts in ISD 191
- PBIS/Positive Culture in Schools
- Technology in Our Classrooms
- Career Pathways
Each Student. Future Ready. Community Strong.
District Core Values
Expectations: I will set a high bar for myself and others in learning, behavior, commitment to do one’s best and service to others and community
Respect: I will honor the uniqueness of myself and others
Integrity: I will do the right thing…even when no one is looking
Partnership: I will engage in relationships and action which empowers learning for ALL
ISD 191 will become the leading and preferred source of learning and education for its students and adult learners because we:
- Utilize technology for instruction to provide rigorous, personalized learning, and maximize operational systems.
- Serve the unique needs of our students, families and communities first and foremost
- Provide relevant and engaging student learning and enrichment leading to college and career readiness for all
- Develop innovative, attractive and aligned academic programs, support services, and opportunities
- Invest and engage in real partnership across those with differing interests, talents, assets and opportunities aligned with district mission and core values
- Energize and leverage our community diversity in all forms as unique and valued assets for developing true real‐world‐ready learners and citizens
- Attract, value, retain and develop the very best employees in education and operations to serve our students and families
Strategic Directions Focused Allocation of Resources
- Close gaps and raise achievement for all students
- Create a culturally proficient school system
- Maximize resources for optimal student learning
- Increase the capacity for partnership with community