Students wishing to participate in spring athletics must complete and submit the following to Burnsville High School prior to tryouts or practice. The information can be turned in at anytime up to the start dates. Please submit information as soon as possible.
- Sports Registration – All registration for sports is done electronically. There are no paper forms for families to fill out this year. Registration only needs to be completed once per year. Please click on the link to complete the online registration at www.isd191.org/bhs/athletics
- Sports physical – All student-athletes must have a current sports physical on file at BHS to be able to participate. Sports physicals are good for three years from the exact date of the physical.
- Participation fee – Every sport has a participation fee that must be paid before tryouts or practice. Fees can be paid either online with credit card through the BHS Athletic Website or by cash or check. Waiver forms are available at Metcalf or the BHS main office and are determined by free/reduced lunch eligibility. Fees and/or waiver forms should be turned in to the BHS main office.
All forms and fees for all sports must be turned in before students will be allowed to tryout or practice.
PLEASE LOOK AT THE SPORT SPECIFIC WEBSITE, ON THE BHS ATHLETICS WEBPAGE FOR SPECIFIC TRYOUT/PRACTICE INFORMATION
We will be conducting seasonal sports meetings for ALL parents and athletes, with information from the athletic department. These meetings are only for high school athletic teams. They are NOT intended for student-athletes participating in junior high track and field or junior high boys’ tennis. The two dates for these meetings are as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 29 at 6 pm, BHS Mraz Center—Badminton, Boys’ and Girls’ Track and Field, Softball
- Monday, March 7 at 7 pm, BHS Mraz Center—Baseball, Boys’ and Girls’ Golf, Boys’ Tennis, Boys’ and Girls’ Lacrosse
More details are available in the Feb/March issue of the Metcalf Communicator.