Foundation 191 announced grants totaling $11,127.50 to help fund 18 projects in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 for the 2019-20 school year.
2019-20 grants are:
- Burnsville High School, $3000 for Junior Achievement Finance Park;
- Harriet Bishop Elementary School, $231 for Orienteering for Everyone;
- Hidden Valley Elementary School, $266 for Growing Resilience and $600 for Growing Roots;
- M.W. Savage Elementary School, $250 for Whaletale Publishing and $250 for Learning Center;
- Nicollet Middle School, $295 for AVID Binder Hospital, $399 for Atlas Subscriptions, $525 for Hate U Give Lit Project, $350 for 6th grade AVID Literature to Explore Diversity Read Aloud Refuge and $286.50 for Book Club to Explore Diversity and (Extra)Ordinary Students;
- Rahn Elementary School, $500 for Podcasting and $500 for 50th Anniversary Celebration;
- Sky Oaks Elementary School, $2500 for Peaceful Playground and $500 for YMCA Student Leadership training; and
- William Byrne Elementary School, $150 for Kindergarten Math Bags, $150 for 3rd grade Math Bags and $375 for Native Plants.
“Foundation 191 was formed in 2005 to meet a need for innovative opportunities for students,” said Foundation Board President Robbie Bunnell. “We are proud to say we’ve touched thousands of students with these projects and are excited to be able to continue to do so this year.”
The Foundation 191 grant program began in 2007 and has awarded more than 100 grants totaling over $125,000 to projects created and developed by staff or students in the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage school district impacting Early Childhood Education, Community Education, all ten elementary schools, three middle schools, Burnsville High School and the Alternative High School. Each project directly benefits students in the district and has carried a wide ranging impact for students, staff, their families and the District 191 community.
The mission of Foundation 191 is to enhance, enrich and expand educational opportunities within the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage school district.