Burnsville High School is participating in the statewide administration of the ACT Plus Writing. Students enrolled in 11th grade will take the ACT Plus Writing next week on Thursday, April 4th. The ACT is a college readiness assessment that provides useful information to students and their families in planning for college and is used by many colleges in their admission process.
Due to a bill just passed that provides school districts more flexibility in handling the unusually high number of school days cancelled due to cold and snow this winter, it made it possible to only have students in 11th grade in school on the day of the ACT test like we have the past several years. It is important you are in attendance on the day of the test.
You can take this assessment even if you have already or are planning to take the ACT or any other college qualifying exam. There is no cost for the statewide administration. You are pre-registered for taking the ACT Plus Writing online here at Burnsville High School. In most cases, the score received on the statewide administration of the ACT can be used for college admission.
Please read the information below and come prepared to work hard on this test so your score does reflect your best effort. The administration of this test does require us to follow procedures and rules set by the ACT organization. In order to ensure a most positive, smooth testing experience, please remind your child of the following items.
- Please eat a good breakfast the morning of the test either at home or at school.
- Please have your Chromebook charged and bring it along with your charger the day of the test.
- You need to be in your testing room at the start of period 1 which is at 8 AM. Note: No student will admitted after testing begins per ACT policy. An announcement will be made to students as soon as the testing rosters with room locations have been updated for all students testing on Thursday, April 4th.
- You must have a photo ID and pencils to use on scratch paper provided. You can have an ACT approved calculator (please see information at ACT Calculator Policy to determine if your calculator can be used) or use the calculator provided online as part of the test.
- You are not allowed to have electronic devices, including cell phones, backpacks/purses, or your own food and drink. Note: Per ACT policy any student phone seen or heard ringing will result in dismissal from testing. You need to keep your phones/Apple Watches in your locker or bag turned off.
- After testing is complete, which is normally around the noon hour, you are allowed to leave school for the day, unless you are staying for lunch, have been asked by a teacher to stay and make-up work or get extra help, or need to wait for a bus. Buses will pick-up after school at their normal time. Students who are leaving after the test need to bring a note from their parent/guardian and give to the test proctor in their classroom on the day of the test.
- If for some reason, a student is absent on Thursday, April 4th, there will be a make-ups on April 9th and April 10th.
If there are questions you may have regarding the ACT test on Thursday, April 4th please contact Principal Dave Helke either via email, email@example.com or phone at 952-707-2101.