Five candidates have filed for four four-year terms on the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 Board of Education and will be on the ballot for Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 6. The filing period closed on Aug. 14.
They are (in alphabetical order):
- Abigail Alt, 16 Marcin Hill, Burnsville
- Lesley Chester, 2085 Carnelian Lane, Eagan
- Jen Holweger, 2617 London Ct., Burnsville
- Scott Hume, 804 E. 134th St., Burnsville
- Jim Schmid, 11107 Territorial Ct., Burnsville
The terms of board members Abigail Alt, Dan Luth, Jim Schmid and Bob VandenBoom expire on Dec. 31. Newly-elected board members will begin their terms in January 2019.
Luth, who served 17 years on the Board, and VandenBoom, who served seven years, did not file for re-election. Others on the seven-member school board include DeeDee Currier, Eric Miller and Darcy Schatz. For more information on the Board of Education visit www.isd191.org/board-of-education.