It’s time to register for Burnsville Area Learning Center’s Summer Programs. Programs are for current District 191 students in need of reading, writing, or math development. Participation in the program is voluntary, free-of-charge, and includes breakfast and lunch. Parents should talk to their student's teacher about eligibility and to obtain a registration form.
The registration deadline is Friday, May 12th, 2017
Who: Students who are currently enrolled in K-5th grade, as identified by teacher
- MW Savage (for MW Savage, Harriet Bishop, and Hidden Valley students)
- Sioux Trail (for Sioux Trail, Rahn, and William Byrne students)
- Sky Oaks (for Sky Oaks and Gideon Pond students)
- Vista View (for Vista View and Edward Neill students)
Dates: Thursday-Friday, July 6-7, and Mondays-Thursdays, July 10-27 "
Daily time: 8:00 am – 12:45 pm
- Students will receive instruction and practice in Reading, Writing & Math
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Registration forms are available in the school office. Once the form is complete, return it to the office.
- Registration deadline is May 12th; forms received after that date may not be enrolled in Summer Program
Busing will be provided based on district eligibility policy. Walking distances apply to summer program sites. Bus stops and schedules will not be the same as the school year.
- Due to limited space, students may be put on a waitlist, so families are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
- Students will receive a confirmation letter one week before classes begin with busing information.
- Students will receive a phone call from their Summer teacher one week before classes begin to welcome them to class, provide details about the first day, and answer any questions.
- If you have questions regarding K-5th grade Summer Program, please talk to your child’s teacher.