It’s time to register for Burnsville Area Learning Center’s Summer Programs. Programs are for current District 191 students in need of reading, writing, or math development. Participation in the program is voluntary, free-of-charge, and includes breakfast and lunch. Parents should talk to their student's teacher or guidance counselor about eligibility and to obtain a registration form.
The registration deadline is Friday, May 12th, 2017
Who: Students at Metcalf, Nicollet & Eagle Ridge who are currently enrolled in 6th-8th grade, and as identified by teacher
Where: Metcalf, and Nicollet Middle Schools (Eagle Ridge students will attend at Nicollet)
Dates: Thursday-Friday, July 6-7, and Mondays-Thursdays, July 10-27
Daily time: 7:45 am – 12:30 pm
- Students will rotate through two classes per day: Reading and Math
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Registration forms are available in the Guidance Office. Once the form is complete, return it to the Guidance Office.
- Registration deadline is May 12th; forms received after that date may not be enrolled in 6th-8th grade Summer Program
Busing will be provided based on district eligibility policy. Walking distances apply to Metcalf and Nicollet students. Bus stops and schedules will not be the same as the school year.
- Due to limited space, students may be put on a waitlist, so families are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible.
- Students will receive a confirmation letter one week before classes begin with busing information.
- Students will receive a phone call from their Summer teacher one week before classes begin to welcome them to class, provide details about the first day, and answer any questions.
Questions: If you have questions regarding the 6th-8th grade Summer Program, please contact your student's school Guidance Office.