Thirty-five employees retired from Burnsville-Eagan- Savage School District 191 during the 2015-16 school year.
"Many thanks to these employees for their dedication to the students and families of our school district," said Chair Dan Luth, speaking on behalf of the Board of Education. "We wish them all the best as they begin this next stage of their lives."
Custodians: Howard Bennett at Edward Neill Elementary, Thomas Bergum at William Byrne Elementary and Craig Leno, districtwide
Educational assistants: Mary Akkerman at Hidden Valley Elementary, Gary Gingery at Burnsville High School, Lora Kennedy at Early Childhood Special Education, Diana Rasinen and Susan Engel at William Byrne Elementary, Mariana Schunk at Rahn Elementary and Michelle Feldhake at Marion W. Savage Elementary.
Clerical: Kathryn Cleveland at Eagle Ridge Junior High
Food Service: Marcia Racette at Burnsville High School, and Gwen Hill at William Byrne Elementary.
Districtwide: Donley Johnson, operations supervisor
- Burnsville High School: Terry Walters, language arts; Jane Wegleitner, special education; Robin
- Debronsky, special education, and Haihua Wei, special education.
- Eagle Ridge: Leanne Banks, special education
- Metcalf Junior High: Mark Challgren, Spanish; Mark Mraz, band, and Sharon Shelerud, social studies
- Harriet Bishop: Roely Lawrence, art
- Hidden Valley: Diane Miller, first grade; Lynn Pauly, art; Deborah Goetz, special education, and Beth Westerhouse, special education
- Rahn Elementary: Linda Lange, special education
- Sky Oaks Elementary: Mary Hatrick, special education
- William Byrne: Charlene Ostendorf, first grade
- Early Childhood Family Education: Marilee McLaughlin
- Early Childhood Special Education: Pamela Hauer and Jean Jaeger
- District: Lynette Boekhoff, psychologist, and Janet Johnshoy, occupational therapist.