The Foundation 191 Board of Directors recently announced grant awards for the 2016-17 school year in Burnsville-Eagan- Savage School District 191. Fifteen grants were awarded for a total of $9,175, according to Stephen Fiebiger, foundation president. (See list below.)
“Since its inception in 2005, Foundation 191 has facilitated over $100,000 in funds and in-kind donations to be distributed for enhanced learning opportunities for students in District 191,” he said. “This number is meaningful, not merely because of its size, but because of the broad swath of projects and programs that have enhanced, enriched and expanded the education of students over a decade. The projects remind us that small pieces can add up to big things.”
A total of 22 applications were submitted and the following grants were approved:
- Enhanced Dramatic Play for District 191 Early Learning Programs, Community Education: $600.
- Summer Forever Books, Rahn Elementary: $1,180
- One91 Discover Swim, Community Education: $500
- Lights, Camera, Action, Marion W. Savage Elementary: $719
- Service Club at Harriet Bishop Elementary: $300
- Science Non-Fiction Ready, Neill Elementary: $469
- Hands On Science, Neill Elementary: $610
- Straw Bale Garden, Neill Elementary: $600
- Arts Tech Film Festival, Rahn Elementary: $732.50
- Connecting Coding to Physical World, Rahn Elementary: $469.90
- Math Games with Families, Gideon Pond Elementary: $500
- Collaboration Stations, Nicollet Junior High: $485
- Bringing Science and Social Studies Alive in the Classroom, Sioux Trail Elementary: $500
- Bowls for Brainpower, Community Education and Burnsville High School: $1,010
- Whaletale Publishing Center, M.W. Savage Elementary: $500.
Learn more about Foundation 191 at www.foundation191.org.