Children and parents from Burnsville-Eagan-Savage Independent School District 191 are invited to participate in SNAPSHOT, a research study with a focus on helping kids make healthy choices about food, being active & screen time ... all while having fun!
The 9-month program is part of a University of Minnesota research study funded by the National Institutes of Health.
To participate in the study, a child must attend a District 191 elementary school and:
- Be in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade during the 2015-16 school year
- Be 8 to 12 years old on June 30, 2016
- Have a body mass index (BMI) at 75th percentile or higher. (Your school nurse can help with this.)
- Have parent or guardian participate with the child.
- Parent & child speak, read & write in English.
What YOU and your CHILD can expect:
- Monthly mailed newsletters OR a fun after-school program for children held 1 to 2 times per month at a school district location. Bussing is provided. Parents meet once per month for a parent group or RN home visit.
- Child and parent measured each summer for 3 years. Includes height, weight and surveys
- Each year you are measured, parent gets $75 gift card; child gets $50 gift card