We are reading! TOGETHER. And are so excited about this event!
Read "Storm of the Century: A Hurricane Katrina Story" by Stephanie Peters as a family on myON over winter break from Dec. 23 through Jan. 2. Then on Sunday, Jan. 3, join the online book discussion from 4 to 6 p.m!
Who: Our entire Sioux Trail community!
What: One book that we all read!
When: Between December 23rd - January 2nd. Online group “discussion” on Sunday, January 3rd from 4 to 6 PM.
Where: In your own home! Through the internet: computer, iPad, SMART phone, Chromebook, Kindle, other device.
Why: Build our school community and develop literacy through reading the same book!
How: There are lots of options!
- Adults read aloud to children
- myON reads aloud to family as a group
- myON reads aloud to each family member
- Children read aloud to adults
- Reading together...everyone takes a page
- Your own way
If you do not have access to technology in your home and you need a paper copy of the book, please let your classroom teacher know by the morning of Tuesday, Dec. 22 in whatever way works best for you…..phone, email, or with a note.
Watch for a paper flyer on Monday, Dec. 21 with:
- discussion questions to help talk about the book before, during and after reading
- easy ways to access myON away from school
- information about logging into the online discussion on Sunday, Jan. 3