The 10 elementary schools in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 have scheduled kindergarten information nights for parents/guardians whose children will be starting kindergarten in the fall of 2016.
These information nights are an opportunities to meet the school principal and staff members and hear about the curriculum and other programs that make each school unique. Parents/guardians can attend as many information nights as they wish.
Kindergarten orientations for the 2016-17 school year are:
- Gideon Pond Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in the school Media Center; and Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016 at 6 p.m. at Chancellor Manor Community Room
- Harriet Bishop Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hidden Valley Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016 at 6 p.m.
- Vista View Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sioux Trail Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016 at 6 p.m. (Building tours offered Feb. 4 at 2 p.m. and Feb. 8 at 9 a.m.)
- Sky Oaks Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016 at 6 p.m.
- William Byrne STEM Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 28, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
- Rahn Elementary School of Arts & Technology - Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. (Building tours offered Feb. 4 at 9:30 a.m., Feb. 9 at 8:30 a.m. and Feb. 19 at 1 p.m.)
- Marion W. Savage Elementary - Thursday, Feb. 25, 2016 at 6 p.m.
- Edward Neill Elementary - Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 6 p.m.
Sessions are for parents only, except at Marion W. Savage Elementary, Gideon Pond Elementary, Harriet Bishop Elementary and Vista View Elementary, where children are welcome to attend, too.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2016, are eligible to start kindergarten in September. Parents will be able to register their child for kindergarten at their school’s information night. To complete registration, parents should bring their child’s birth certificate or other proof of age, immunization records, emergency contact information, and a utility bill or other proof of residency (not a driver’s license).
You can also register in advance online at www.isd191.org/enroll or by visiting the District 191 Welcome Center located at Diamondhead Education Center, 200 West Burnsville Pkwy., 952-707-4180 or email@example.com. Hours are 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
State law requires that children complete an early childhood screening prior to starting school. This can be completed by the school district at no cost to families. Call (952) 707-4100 to schedule an appointment.