Community members, students and staff are invited to join the Burnsville Education Association (BEA) and Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 in honoring this year’s Building Teachers of the Year at a reception on Wednesday, May 20.
The reception will begin at 4 p.m. in the Senior Campus Commons of Diamondhead Education Center, 200 W. Burnsville Pkwy., with a program at 4:30 p.m. The BEA will also announce the 2015 District 191 Teacher of the Year at the event.
"There is no greater gift to receive than the esteem of your colleagues,” said Wendy Drugge Wuensch, a Burnsville High School math teacher who is chairperson of the BEA Teacher of the Year process. “These individuals have been selected by their peers as a model of the ideal characteristics of a teacher and they have demonstrated exceptional skill and dedication, professionalism and a well-articulated philosophy of teaching."
Congratulations to the 2015 ISD 191 Building Teachers of the Year:
- Burnsville High School – Nathan Strand
- Burnsville Alternative High School – Tony McNeil
- Eagle Ridge Junior High – Jeff Hammer
- Metcalf Junior High – Bobby Griffiths
- Nicollet Junior High – Kevin Silberman
- Edward D. Neill Elementary – Patty Herkenhoff
- Gideon Pond Elementary – Laurel Mirs
- Harriet Bishop Elementary – Emily Mechavich
- Hidden Valley Elementary – Jennifer Bohr
- Marion W. Savage Elementary – Angie Preston
- Rahn Elementary – Rachel Lucius
- Sioux Trail Elementary – Bobbie Kunkel
- Sky Oaks Elementary – Matt Berg
- Vista View Elementary – Kimberly Wood
- William Byrne Elementary – Greta Krupke
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) – Sue Woodcock
- Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) – Vicki Spieler
- Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) – Nancy Meyer