The 10 elementary schools in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 have scheduled kindergarten information nights for parents/guardians whose children will be starting kindergarten in the fall of 2015
This is an opportunity to meet the principal and staff members and hear about the curriculum and other programs that make each school unique. Parents/guardians can attend as many information nights as they wish.
Kindergarten orientations for the 2015-16 school year are:
- William Byrne Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Edward Neill Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2015 at 6 p.m.
- Harriet Bishop Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sioux Trail Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hidden Valley Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2015 at 6 p.m.
- Rahn Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Sky Oaks Elementary - Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Vista View Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Gideon Pond Elementary - Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
- Marion W. Savage Elementary - Thursday, Jan. 29, 2015 at 6 p.m.
Sessions are for parents only, except at Harriet Bishop, Edward Neill, M.W. Savage, Vista View and Gideon Pond, where children are welcome to attend, too.
Parents can learn which attendance boundaries they live in by using the District 191 SchoolFinder online at www.isd191.org/schoolfinder.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2015, are eligible to start kindergarten in September. Parents/guardians will receive a kindergarten registration packet at the event. Completed packets should be returned to the District 191 Welcome Center, located at the Diamondhead Education Center, 200 West Burnsville Pkwy. Parents can also register their children for school online at www.isd191.org/enroll.
For more information, contact the Welcome Center at (952) 707-4180 or email@example.com. Hours are 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
State law requires that children complete an early childhood screening prior to starting school. This can be completed by the school district at no cost to families. Call (952) 707-4100 to schedule an appointment.