Changes for 2016-17
With the implementation of Vision One91, schools in District 191 will look quite a bit different this year. Here are a few of the biggest changes taking place. For more information, go to the Vision One91 webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to enroll a student for this coming year, go to www.isd191.org/enroll.
New Grade Alignments
- Burnsville High School will serve all students in grades 9-12
- Junior highs will become middle schools serving grades 6-8
- Elementary schools will serve students in kindergarten through grade 5, and some will have preschool programs.
- At Burnsville High School, major additions include new science classrooms, flexible learning spaces, a fabrication lab, STEM labs, new activities spaces and more (see floorplan).
- At William Byrne Elementary, a two-story classroom addition will replace portable classrooms and help alleviate overcrowding, plus additional learning space and security improvements (read more).
- Security will be improved at several other schools.
- The lower level of Diamondhead Education Center was remodeled in 2015, with new and improved spaces for Community Education programs.
- Administrative offices will be consolidated in the upper level of Diamondhead Education Center along with the Adult Basic Education program (which used to be on the lower level.)
- Read more about Vision One91 Construction
New Start Times
School start and end times will change to better align the school day at each school level. The school days in 2016-17 will be:
- Elementary schools: 9:15 a.m. to 3:55 p.m.
- Middle schools: 7:47 a.m. to 2:47 p.m.
- High schools: 8 a.m. to 2:36 p.m.
Read more about Start Times.
New Educational Programming/Technology
- Elementary Schools - Digital learning specialists, expansion of "maker spaces" to promote/encourage creative & collaborative learning
- Middle Schools - New STEA3M model; 1-to-1 personal learning devices coming in 2017-18
- High School - Pathways model; Schoology online learning management system, 1-to-1 personal learning devices in 2016-17
Meal Price Changes
Elementary Lunch - $2.50
Middle and High School Lunch - $2.60
Adult (& staff) Lunch - $3.80
Milk - $0.50