Bus Changes - October 2016
(Updated Oct. 19, 2016) Posted Oct. 7, 2016
We are working to improve our bus system to ensure students are transported safely and on time. As part of those efforts, we have contracted some routes with Schmitty & Sons, instead of Durham School Services. The routes affected are:
- 43 (added beginning Oct. 24)
- 34 (added beginning Oct. 24)
Starting on Monday, Oct. 10 (unless otherwise noted), students on these routes will be picked up and dropped off by a bus that reads "Schmitty and Sons" on the side, instead of Durham School Services. This is reflected in your child's ParentVUE information.
Bus numbers, stop locations and pick-up/drop-off times are not changing.
In addition, Burnsville High School students on these Schmitty & Sons routes will now be required to change buses at their transfer locations, as their buses will not be continuing to the high school.
- BHS students who transfer at Metcalf Middle School can get on any of the following shuttle buses to get to the high school: 33,37,39,40,43,44,45,47 or 48.
- Alternative High School students who transfer at Metcalf Middle School should get on bus 42 to get to BAHS (the same as before).
- BHS students who transfer at Nicollet Middle School can get on any of the following shuttle buses to get to the high school: 18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,28,34 or 53.
- Alternative High School students who transfer at Nicollet Middle School should get on bus 27 to get to BAHS (the same as before).
For those routes served by Schmitty & Sons buses, the main dispatch line is (952) 985-7513, and the after hours line is (952) 469-5020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 952-707-2069.