Application for Educational Benefits
The 2017-18 Online Application for Educational Benefits is available at: http://www.schoollunchapp.com.
- By completing the application, students may receive free meals, free or discounted fees for transportation, athletic, academic, and extracurricular programs. Households may receive free or discounted fees from cable and internet providers. School districts may receive additional state and federal funding.
- Students MUST BE ENROLLED in ISD 191 or any other select partnering districts (i.e. Intermediate School District 917) PRIOR TO submitting an application online.
- Parents/Guardians of Kindergarten students, who will start September 2017, must wait until the current school year application is available, usually in early August each year.
- Completing the application online is the quickest and most secure way for the school district to process your application and determine if your students qualify for benefits. You will be notified by mail if your students qualify or are denied benefits.
- Benefits do NOT automatically transfer from one school district to another, or from one state to another.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for all meal purchases prior to the official date of determination of benefits. Funds must be in a student’s meal account to purchase meals.
Completing the application may assist your students and the school district in receiving benefits. If you feel you may be eligible to qualify, your students may receive free or reduced price school meals and additional assistance benefits. Applications may be completed online or on paper. Applications are available by printing from the links below or paper applications are located in school buildings and at the District Office. A new application must be completed each school year. Call 952-707-2051 if you need assistance with the application process.
You will need the following information in order to complete an Application for Educational Benefits:
Step 2 (If Applicable):
Step 3 (If not receiving benefits from an Assistance Program):
Signature of adult household member
Please fill out the form completely and return it to:
ISD 191 Food Service Office
200 W Burnsville Parkway
Burnsville, MN 55337
The district is allowed 10 days to process your application. You will be notified by mail if your family does or does not qualify. Parents/Guardians are responsible for all meal purchases made by students and money must be in a student's account in order to purchase meals until it is determined that the family will receive the benefit of free or reduced price meals.
~ NOTE ~
All students eligible for free or reduced price lunch also receive breakfast at no charge, per federal and/or state legislative funding decisions.
If you need applications in languages other than those listed below, please call the Food & Nutrition Services Office at (952) 707-2051.