You are hereIn this section
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
This information is intended to update the District 191 community on our response plan to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The situation is rapidly-evolving and updates change daily as new information becomes available.
We are closely monitoring updates and guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Department of Education and other national health organizations.
Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 will be closed to students through at least Monday, May 4. This includes all practices, activities and community education programs, including Project KIDS school-age care, Ready to Grow and Ready to Learn.
March 25, 2020 Update - This afternoon, Governor Tim Walz made an announcement extending the closure of schools to students until at least May 4, 2020. I want to reassure you that this is what we have planned for. We are prepared to continue to serve Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 families through this extended closure. Read more.
Meals for Students
District 191 will provide Grab-and-Go meals for any child ages 1 to 18 on weekdays .
Meals are available for pickup at 12 locations around the community from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Find the location closest to you and more information on student meals.
Distance Learning provides students with access to appropriate educational materials and ensures they receive daily interaction with their licensed teachers. During this extended time, Distance Learning will be a different way for teachers to connect and provide instruction to students. Lessons will be carefully planned so students will continue to progress with their learning and improve their skills. Learn more about distance learning.
Guidelines to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Make sure children wash their hands well, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing their nose
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Stay home when you are sick
- Keep kids home from school and activities when they are sick
- Do not return to school or work until fever is gone for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication
- Avoid close contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms