You are hereIn this section
School Board Committees
The District 191 Board of Education maintains several committees to receive and discuss information prior to full board meetings.
Student Performance and Achievement Committee
The purpose of the committee is:
- To review and report evidence of student performance over time in order to measure learning.
- To analyze learning and student engagement metrics to highlight critical areas in need of improvement as well as to promote better alignment of district resources to critical student outcomes.
- To collaborate with the Assistant Superintendent, the Teaching and Learning Team, and others - as required - to ensure that curriculum, instruction, professional development and assessments support desired student outcomes.
- To evaluate processes, policies and long-range planning needs vs. desired student outcomes and deliver recommendations - in support of the Strategic Roadmap - to the Superintendent and School Board for action.
- To establish and communicate high expectations for student support beyond our classrooms to parents, staff and the greater community – with the goal of driving deeper student engagement and academic achievement.
Board Representatives: Abigail Alt (chair), Eric Miller, Darcy Schatz, DeeDee Currier, Jen Holweger, Scott Hume, and Lesley Chester
Represents the board in the employer/employee bargaining process.
Board Representatives: Darcy Schatz (chair), Eric Miller, and Jen Holweger
Policy Review Committee
Review the existing Board Policy Manual and recommend revisions and updates as appropriate and required.
Board Representatives: DeeDee Currier (chair), Darcy Schatz, and Lesley Chester
Guide the Board's legislative advocacy work on behalf of the students and faculty of ISD 191.
Board Representatives: Eric Miller (chair), Scott Hume, and Lesley Chester
Other Board Assignments
In addition, Board of Education members serve on committees and boards of local organizations in order to better connect District 191 to our community.
These groups include: Minnesota State High School League, Foundation 191, Association of Metropolitan School Districts (AMSD), Burnsville Chamber of Commerce, Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA), Burnsville High School Hall of Fame, and District 917.